Anxiety Relief for Nervous ChildrenHas your child experienced a bad visit at another dental office, or you’re worried about getting them to settle down for a routine procedure? Our pediatric dentists completely understand! After all, we have families of our own. At Montgomery Pediatric Dentistry, we take extra steps to put you and your child’s mind at ease. We want your visit to be fun, so that your child will look forward to seeing us the next time!
Laughing Gas for ChildrenIn most cases, our pediatric dentists can complete all of your child’s treatment with the help of nitrous oxide — more commonly known as “laughing gas.” The soft nosepiece allows your child to breathe in pure oxygen mixed with a very low level of nitrous gas to create a relaxing, fuzzy sensation. It is extremely safe to use, and the effects wear off completely within just a few minutes after the appointment.
Benefits of Choosing SedationWiggly bodies or nervous children may make it difficult for getting a filling or having another procedure done. With sedation options, we can help your child:
- Experience lowered anxiety or nervousness
- Sit still for his or her procedure
- Make things seem more lighthearted rather than scary
- Complete their treatment in fewer visits
- Maintain the safest treatment experience possible
- Overcome barriers related to special behavioral, developmental, or medical needs